Our ANZAC Story

Here is our retelling of the Anzac story in pictures.


We learnt about the beginnings of ANZAC Day by acting out this story in the role of a first world war soldier.  We made a series of freeze frames to show our thoughts and feelings.


Uniforms on, gear packed, thinking about going to a war far away from home.

Fear, worry, sadness, excitement, uncertain


Brave, determined, wondering will I return?
I can't wait to go into battle.
I'll get them.
I don't want to leave my home.
I didn't choose to be in the army.
I hope I come home alive.
I don't want to fight.
Please help me.
I look brave but I feel afraid.

Standing to attention - ready to board the ships.

Waving goodbye.

Guns ready - about to land at ANZAC Cove.


Guns held high out of the water.
The confusion of battle.

Trapped on the beach and fighting hard.

Many soldiers die or are badly wounded.

Fighting at Gallipoli for eight months with no success.

Helping the dead and wounded.

Friends, fathers, husbands - never return home.
On April 25 every year we remember all those that fought for our freedom.

No comments: