Good Bye Abdullah - you were so fast!

Today Journal Writing - 5 minutes

One thing I worked well on yesterday...

Something I learnt yesterday...

Today I'm going to...

10 am - Gymnastics
Rain Writing - cut and paste the sentences you like most + add some more of your own.

Room 4 Rain Writing
This is just 10 minutes work!
Well done everyone.

I took your writing ideas and typed them up.

Next step:


  • You have a copy of these ideas all typed up
  • Work with one or two buddies from your table group
  • Choose the sentences and ideas you like the most 
  • Cut them out and put them in an order that works well
  • Create your own Rain Poem / Writing
  • Stick them down on an A4 paper
  • Add some more of your own ideas to build on the ones you select
  • Add colour and illustrations


RAIN

Rain is tiny drops of water that fly down to earth.
Rain makes me feel angry.
Kids love rain because they can splash in puddles.
Rain makes me feel like a frozen ice berg.
Rain is heavy when more clouds come to spit out water.
Hobos hate rain.
The puddles are like mini rivers.
Rain is the sky crying because it is sad or angry.
The rain is God sweating.
The rain makes me feel cool just like ice.
When it rains the flowers grow.
The rain made a huge lake on the court.
When it rains my heart starts pumping because I'm scared it will flood.
When I am angry the rain makes me feel comfortable.
When it rains all the water comes together and forms a puddle as big as a swimming pool.
Rain is water from a sea that goes into a cloud and comes back down where it can make puddles.
Rain makes us wet.
God's crying when it rains.
Rain is annoying and stupid.
When it rains the trees grow bigger.
When it rains it makes me feel like I'm a frog jumping into a pond.
When the rain falls it makes the earth super wet.
When it rains farm animals have to go for cover.
When it rains the scoop gets flooded and we get to make boats and sail them.
Rain is good duck shooting weather.
I don't like the rain. It makes me feel all dirty inside.
Because of the rain I can't play outside.
I hate the rain.
Ducks like the rain because they get to jump in puddles.
When it rains it makes a sea in our school.
Rain is water that comes from the sky.
Rain is like thin bits of metal.
Rain makes me feel cold, shivering and wet.
The rain makes good rugby puddles!
When it rains it makes the flowers grow up.
When it rains hard it makes a big flood.
Rain is see through.
It's like tears falling from the sky.
Rain is like icy tear drops.
The rain makes me feel cold like I'm frozen in the middle of an iceberg.
Rain makes the ground slippery.
It makes car wheels slide around and some shops are closed.
The rain is good for the flowers.
When it rains so much our driveway becomes a treacherous adventure to walk down.
Rain is like a giant crying.
The rain makes me feel like an ice block.
When it rains so much it makes me feel like the rain is ruling the world trying to overtake it!
When it rains it makes the mud really sticky for rugby.
Rain makes lawn mowing a nightmare!
When it rains I feel like King Neptune sitting on top of a rock in the middle of the vast blue ocean with a cool salty breeze tugging at my hair.
The rain madly hammers on my roof making enormous puddles with the wind howling like a wolf.
When it rains so much I get scared that I will never be able to go outside again!
Rain is cold and wet.
Rain can make lakes.
The rain makes me feel like I am in a cold shower.
After the rain the grass grows.
The rain makes me feel down and unhappy.
I feel frustrated when it rains.
Rain falling is part of the water cycle.
After a while the water soaks into the ground.
Rain comes from the sky.
 



11 am - 12:30Literacy - Gracie please can you help to organise who is working on what.  Your job today is to help everyone take turns on the computers and ipads so that as much writing as possible is saved on the dropbox and added to our ebooks.  (Don't be bossy! Be helpful to explain how to get writing from dropbox into an ebook)

What do I need to do?

  1. Complete your descriptive writing
  2. Type it up - take turns on the computers
  3. Save it in dropbox - Think about the file name you give your writing
  4. On the iPad copy your writing from dropbox into your group ebook


When I'm finished I'll do:
  • Contract work
  • Own reading
  • Own choice writing
  • Learning Journal work
1:30 - Assembly

2 pm - Cut up all the pictures, words and colours you need for your Olympic podium. 

No drilling or hammering today - ok?


No comments: